Zirconium Dental Restorations in Gilbert
Dr. Hanna Mansoor and her dedicated team here in Gilbert, AZ are always striving to provide patients with the latest and greatest in dental advancements—a goal that extends to their restorative services. In the past, restorations that were designed to correct damaged or missing teeth were usually made from a metal material that stood out noticeably. Many offices have moved past this option and started offering porcelain materials that look lifelike. But porcelain still isn’t the best choice, as far as our team is concerned. With the help of a strong, biocompatible material known as zirconium, our team at Smiles by Hanna can rebuild your smile in a truly exceptional way, restoring its strength, health, beauty, and more.
We can use zirconium to create several kinds of beautiful, custom-made restorations, including:
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can be used to treat several issues, including broken/cracked teeth, decayed teeth, weakened teeth, and even teeth that are simply misshaped. They’re also important finishing touches in dental implant and root canal procedures.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in a row, given that there are still healthy teeth located on either side of the gap.
- Dental Inlays & Onlays – This option is typically recommended when a tooth is too damaged for a filling but still can be conservatively restored without a crown. Inlays are lab-fabricated zirconium puzzle-like restorations that fit inside the tooth. An onlay is a lab fabricated zirconium puzzle-like restoration that fits over the tooth.
Benefits of Choosing Zirconium
- Zirconium restorations are ranked the highest when it comes to durability, and they can withstand all the normal wear and tear that comes with regular activity for many years to come.
- Zirconium produces a stronger, more natural translucency than porcelain. What’s more, we’ll match the shade of your restoration to your existing teeth as closely as possible. This all results in a virtually seamless appearance that patients can feel proud of.
- Zirconium is non-abrasive, increasing your comfort and minimizing the chances of damage related to friction.
- Zirconium is completely biocompatible, meaning that even patients with certain sensitivities or allergies to metal can enjoy them without issue.